Sunday 16 November 2014

What uses for a mini Malden?

I am such a sucker for cute! I didn't even need this little guy but found myself buying him anyway just because he matched his big brother...I most definitely have issues but I acknowledge and accept them so that's ok :)



It's been a funny old week, I have had some revelations in my personal life following a conversation on Thursday with my Life Coach and I am feeling a bit odd about it all to be honest.  What I discovered after lengthy conversations and thinking time is that after all this, after all the time I have spent stressing out because I didn't know what I wanted out of life and berating myself for not 'trying harder' to accomplish the 'something' that I had no idea what the 'something' actually was...I have discovered that the 'something' wasn't actually anything at all! I am very happy with my life as it stands, I have a wonderful husband of almost 18 years, I have two wonderful kids that are happy and confident and getting on with their own lives and I have a wonderful home that I feel safe and comfortable with.  Even my job is quite a notable and I like the people I work with. I am very very fortunate and I am very very grateful for all I have. Now I feel a bit guilty for all the time I have wasted feeling as though there should be more...

My eldest son put it all into a simple statement to his Dad the other day and what he said pretty much stopped me in my tracks and brought a lump to my throat.  I'm sure most of you are aware of the thing on Facebook at the moment of posting 5 photographs that make you smile, well my hubby couldn't choose just 5 and put quite a few more on to which eldest said he was cheating, hubby replied with he didn't realise he had so much to smile about (this makes him sound like a miserable coot but he isn't, far from it!) but eldest son responded with this 

"Life's good, whats there not to smile about? Good job, Great Wife, 2 Kids that are still in higher education, Not doping up on corners and a House to call your own, Pretty sure you nailed it"

I'm sure that this is the life most people dream about...it was fantastic to have it confirmed by our child, we have nailed it.  As a family we have nailed it. I am so very very proud!!

It makes you stop and think though. I no longer have to feel guilty for not accomplishing the 'something' because I already have! It has now released me from so much pressure that I put on myself that I feel I can actually stop with the stressing and get on with doing the things that I enjoy, so I have bought myself a Kraft folder and I am going to get creative! I enjoyed my colouring in session so much last week that I have also bought some watercolour pencils and some more stencils and I am going to spend time in my room with my filofaxes and art stuff and get creative!

I am also going to get outside more with my camera and get photographing some stuff, which is what I bought it for two years ago and have never done anything with it! I may even go on a few short courses to embrace my creativity!  Maybe I can use one of my larger filos as a photographic journal of sorts to capture the memories...I think my A5 Domino Snake would lend itself well to that!


I could use one of my others for drawings, I'm not much good at drawing but then neither were some of the greatest artists! I think maybe the A5 Cuban Zip may be good for that with its many pockets for pencils and such...I've been too scared to use it but what's the point of having lovely stuff if it's left unused on a shelf? A bit like the 'Christmas cutlery' that we bought many years ago and only ever comes out at Christmas - probably just so we know we'll have enough matching cutlery for the huge family Christmas Day meal we have always done!  But then we always have mismatched plates anyway...so what's the point?!





I've been watching you tube videos of tutorials on this embossing powder stuff, it looks amazing and with my love of steampunk I have a zillion ideas racing through my head on the things I can create, the first being the Kraft folder - isn't that just crying out to be steampunked!?!




So after all these ideas I'm having, I still have no idea what to use the mini for!

Oh well, until next time, take care xxx


1 comment:

  1. So true - we don't stop and think about the big things we have/have achieved - just fret about the little things, which only makes them appear bigger than they deserve!
    I use a Filofax mini (Hampstead) as a password log - I only have A-Z tabs and address sheets inside and it's small enough to keep handy wherever I am.

    ReplyDelete