Sunday 16 November 2014

Planner guilt

I tried it, I took everything out of my purse and put it in the Mini Malden.  I got out a smaller bag that I thought would work better, put in the malden and my keys etc...I felt sad.  I looked at my beautiful VDS sat there looking forlorn and just couldn't do it.  I took everything out, put it all back into my purse and retrieved my bigger bag and result, big smile again!  The Malden is being returned to the shop so someone else can enjoy him.

So to make the idyllic VDS happy, I have made him some new calendar inserts for 2015 so he knows that I wont even consider deserting him again, not even for five minutes!

The yearly overview for 2015 & 2016

Made an error with the hole punching so washi to the rescue!

Knew I'd missed something - rounded off the corners!

If I could only have two planner tools these would most definitely be it, the perfect hole punch and the corner rounder thingy...I love how classy this little thing makes the whole planner look.  I can't remember how much I paid for it, I'm thinking maybe £6 or so, I know it wasn't expensive but it really does take the whole thing up a notch when it comes to looking professional.  Could not be without it!  

Before anyone asks, these inserts were from an A6 diary that I bought from Tesco for £1.75 and ripped apart - I dread to think how much these would be from an official source, they are true A6 size so I'm thinking that I would only be able to get these from somewhere like Mulberry....and not at their prices!

I also did the same thing with a notebook and I am annoyed at myself now for not keeping the outer cover as I can't remember where I got it and it is such lovely paper in a soft ivory/cream colour - suits the chocolate VDS perfectly and that was only a few pounds.  That also didn't have rounded corners but does now!

I love that postcards also fit this planner perfectly and I keep seeing such awesome ones that I can't resist and I am going to end up filling it up too much just with postcards!  But this one that starts my Notes Section was too good to leave out...



Lots of playing, lots of creating but not a great deal of actual planning going on!!

That said, I don't have a great deal to plan as I am intending on becoming a free spirit in my free time and there's little point in scheduling my 'going to work' as that happens regardless!  With that in mind I will continue to use my planner for what I have always done, for notes and musings with the addition of the occasional appointment for the important stuff like hairdressers or vet visits!  Life doesn't need to be complicated and that's my plan going forward :)

Until next time, take care xxx






6 comments:

  1. Those A6 inserts with rounded corners are absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cruz, sometimes it's the little things that make the biggest difference :)

      Delete
  2. Never thought of using a corner punch on the actual planner inserts. Love how they turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of a corner punch. I use my planner for notes and musings as you do as there is not much to schedule outside of work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susanne, again it is the little things that make the biggest difference and it makes me want to actually use my planner which is half the battle when you don't need it for scheduling purposes!

      Delete