Wednesday 12 November 2014

Moving forward with filofax

It isn't even anywhere close to New Year yet but already I am feeling the urge to make plans for 2015 so I am intending on spending the day contemplating, templating and setting up the framework for how I want things to be going forward into the New Year with a New Me!

I need to plan, and for this I am using my new A5 Malden in delectable grey to guide and steer me to where I want to be. 

I kind of think I know possibly, maybe, the kind of templates I want...I admit that these will change and evolve as time goes on and that is what is great about designing and printing your own stuff and by using an A5 it makes that process a whole lot simpler! 

My everyday is my beloved VDS in senior size which takes A6 inserts, another one that is easy to design and print so I think my life with personal size is over. They are just too difficult for me to size and print so I have at least found two sizes I am at total peace with!  Result!  I also find the A6 size more user friendly, the pages are shorter in length but they just seem so much less cramped than the personal size, I'm not sure why, maybe it is just because they are more square to look at?  I don't know but they work better for me.  I love this VDS so much I can not see me ever changing it unless I go for a customised one but it would be the same size for sure!

So onward with the planning in the Malden.  It's exciting stuff! I want to be able to record the following:

  • Quick recap of the day
  • Courses at college
  • Personal appointments
  • Exercise done
  • Nutrition information
  • Exercise information
  • Personal Goals and the steps required
  • Personal Projects and the steps required
I have a room all of my very own now since my eldest son left for university and I have redecorated it to my own style - which is slightly steampunk/vintage/shabby chic as I wanted a place where I could reflect and recharge. It is a beautiful room and I am really pleased with how it turned out, what do you think?
My writing bureau
My chill out area
My unfinished area with colour change light ball

I still need curtains and the unfinished area will have vintage postcards on and be under a sheet of Perspex to protect them. I've also got to build a shelf for my filofaxes over my bureau but for now they are happy there. - there are a few strays that haven't made it to the collection which is the VDS that lives in my bag, the Malden which is under construction and a lost Daytimer that I just cannot find but is about somewhere!

Time for me to,get designing....I will return with results!

Until then, take care xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment