Saturday 29 November 2014

Deciding on which planners to use!!

I have printed, cut and punched the free 2015 Monthly Planner from Lime Tree Fruits and they are amazing! They are available here and if you haven't come across her work yet then you should really go check her out as she has some awesome things available for your planner.


They have the most wonderful illustrations and 'feel good' quotes, I love these and normally print a few copies in various sizes so I have them in all my planners but this year I am not doing that, this year I am going to try and dedicate a planner for specific things rather than have things all over the place between the different ones as that has really not worked - surprised?!

So, as my gorgeous VDS A5 Manager Touch Me has not turned up (see previous post for a rant on why!) I am now wondering which planner to put them in...then it dawned on me that I was going to end up repeating what didn't work and we all know "if we keep on doing the same thing we are always going to get the same thing" and I need to sort it now before I get carried away doing exactly that!

I have a few things on the go at the moment and I have enough planners to be able to designate each one to a specific purpose so all I need to do is figure out which one I can use for what...easier said than done when you want to use ALL of them for everything!  But it doesn't work!!!!!

My projects at the moment are:
  1. Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
  2. Diploma in Insurance - two courses, Liability and Law
  3. Life Coach Course
  4. Neuro Linguistic Programming Workbook
  5. My life stuff in general - goals, musings, etc
  6. Everyday stuff - calendar, lists, etc (this one is easy as it is all in my VDS Senior that stays with me so this one didn't really need to be on the list but for completeness of thought...)
With that in mind, the planners that I have available for these purposes - all in A5 - are:
  1. VDS A5 Manager - when it turns up!
  2. Grey Malden
  3. Grey Holborn
  4. Domino Bronze Snake
  5. Original Nude
  6. Cuban Zip in Chestnut
  7. Black Aston

To summarise what will be in each and to try and figure out which one would be best for the job, I think as follows:

No 1 - Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy - there are going to be lots of notes and research for this one so I am thinking maybe the Black Aston for that...looks professional for when I attend workshops and is one of my favourite planners.  Although I do have a lever arch folder for this subject too as there rather a lot of text book that I printed out so maybe my notes would be best done in this one?

No 2 - Diploma in Insurance - Liability and Law - this is currently being done in an A4 notebook along with the text book that I need...so I guess I should just keep it there too, it seems to be working at the moment so why change what isn't broken?

No 3 - Life Coach Course - this is currently residing in my Domino Bronze Snake.  I was using my Original but I was too worried about scuffing as it goes to college with me so I'll keep this one in there.  The elasticated closure makes it easy to stuff additional handouts in so I can keep them safe until I get home to hole punch them in properly, so that one is working well.

No 4 - Neuro Linguistic Programming - this is a workbook that I got to learn the basics of this course to see if it is something that I would want to do at college later on.  The workbook has space for you to write as you work through it but I hate writing in text books!!  I think the Original Nude would work well for this as I wont be taking it out anywhere and it will stay in my study,

No 5 - My life in general - this one is screaming for the VDS Manager!  I ordered it from Van Der Spek with 35mm rings and so this is going to be a beast of a binder!  I am very excited to receive it (when UPS stop messing about) and there is already some things that I have got ready pending its arrival - like the Lime Tree Fruits monthly planner above and a full set of dividers and inserts from Paperchase for just £6:

I want to put the Leonie Dawson's "Your Amazing Year 2015" in this one too.  I want to find something that I can use for goals and projects and how to break them down into do-able chunks so this will include my study timetable as they are part of my goals (although I will have duplicate ones in the respective place too).  It is going to be a reflective place - but not my journal which I have a separate bound book for that (I've tried moving out of it but always come back to it so again, it's working as it is) - but somewhere that I can just doodle and muse, maybe mind map my ideas and try and figure out what is going on in my head!  I'm definitely going to need the massive rings for that!

No 6 - Everyday life, that lives in my VDS Senior that accompanies me everywhere.  I love this planner sooooo much!  

With all the above in mind it looks as though the Holborn, Cuban and Malden are going to sit unused again, and maybe even the Aston!  Oh no!!


I guess I don't like to study using A5 - seems that I end up always going back to A4 so I suppose I'd better leave it that way...

It is time to admit defeat I think - I just cannot use all of my planners.  I need to simplify my life (there's enough going on as it is as you can see!) and this is just not helping.  The additional stress I am giving myself because I feel guilty that I have beautiful planners going unused is ridiculous!!  The question is, what do I do with them?  Do I just put them on a shelf to admire and feel happy that I've got them even though they aren't used or do I sell them on to someone who would love and use them? Would I end up with seller's remorse?  Do I have time to feel that??? 

Dilemmas, dilemmas...until next time, take care xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment