Tuesday 24 November 2015

Planner -v- Diary for 2016

I feel like I have committed the biggest sin ever...and yet I am feeling slightly enlightened at the same time.  

I have decided to purchase a new diary for 2016.  It is the layout I love.  It is the size that I love.  It is also....bound.  Eeek!!



I don't know what happened, I saw it and thought it would be such a great idea as my diary layout never changes (and it was only £1!!).  It is the SIZE of diary that changes, i.e. the size of planner.  I seem to bounce between mini, pocket and A6 and each time I have to re-write everything as I hate having blank days PLUS whenever I think I can leave some information out that is exactly the information I need and always at a time when I am in my other sized planner!

It is very rare that I ever need to refer back to notes as I don't really tend to write notes, or lists (other than my To-Do list - and this is now on my iphone as I found a great app called 'Google Keep' which means that it is not only on my phone but my ipad and my computer at both home and work and the great thing is that I have 'shared' my shopping list with my hubby who is on an Android phone and it still works!!  Now we both know what we need when visiting the supermarket without having to ask!)

My idea was that if I get a small enough diary then I can just pop that into what ever size planner I am using then I will never have to re-write stuff and it wont add any bulk into my chosen planner.

What I think is actually going to happen is that I only end up carrying the little diary and the planners are going to get left on the shelf...in fact, the little diary that I bought even fits into my purse!

It is even a possibility that I may never return to a ringed planner...and what do I do with the ones that I have sitting pretty on the shelf in my office??  This is not a decision to be made lightly as I do have some lovely ones that are going to be extremely hard to part with such as the two Filofax Deco's and the sumptuous Van Der Spek's - I will never part with any of the A5's as I like to use them for projects and general stuff.

Am I on the slippery slope to leaving the planner world???

Until next time, take care xxx

1 comment:

  1. I made the change last year... I haven't gone back. I use a pocket Moleskine for almost everything. I blogged about it here: http://www.plannerisms.com/2014/11/guest-post-my-life-in-pocket.html

    ReplyDelete