Thursday 19 November 2015

Just an update

I failed my coursework which means I cannot sit the exam.  Finding out that I failed by just 16 marks made me feel...relieved.  I had mixed feelings about how I would react and whether I would pass or fail - my thinking was that if I passed then I would have to do the exam.  If I did the exam then I would have to follow through with another three exams to get the qualification and I had to do it before January 2017 as at that time they were increasing it to six exams!  I was dreading the thought of having to spend the next 12 months neck deep in study in something I had absolutely no interest just to get a qualification that would not increase my chances of promotion or salary increase if I wanted to stay here, which I do.  If I failed the coursework then I can't do the exam which means that the buck stops here.

The buck has stopped.

And how do I really feel?  A bit disappointed that I have failed but more relieved that I don't have to continue.  I've said it before, if this qualification really meant so much to me then I would have completed it years ago.  At last I can draw a big red line under it and admit that it was never what I wanted to do and more of something I felt obliged to do.

_________________________________________________________________________________

And there it is...the big red line.

So moving on to much more fun things!!

I started my Diploma in Photography last night online and it was really good.  I am looking forward to being able to understand and use my camera properly to its full capability.  I am looking forward to getting out there and seeing the world through different eyes.  Spending time outside with nature, with my husband, with my dog.

This is a pic that my husband sent to me while he was out walking her the other day, he has a brilliant eye for photography and is really good at it too!

Sasha enjoying her Autumnal walk
I have booked onto a couple of free online courses starting in January, Nutrition & Wellbeing, Commercial Photography and Antiquities Trafficking & Art Crime - these are only short courses and you can pay for a certificate of learning if you want to put it in a portfolio but I am not bothering with that, this is just out of interest for me.

I have still to start my Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and now that I know I don't have to look at insurance law books any more I will be getting on to that now. Yay!!

Until next time, take care xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment