Sunday 14 June 2015

Slimming and simplifying everything

This has been a bit of a strange few weeks with changes happening all over the place, some good and some not so good but I'm still here and it has made me realise a few things.

Firstly, life does not need to be complicated.  It is ourselves that make it so and if that is the case then it is also ourselves that can make it simple.  I want simple.  I need simple.

Secondly, we cannot control everything.  For those things we cannot control there is absolutely no point in stressing over.  It needs to just have a line drawn under it and move on.

Thirdly, I cannot believe it has taken me this long to figure it out!!

Things have got to change and my first big change is my planner - it is a tool not an accessory, it should not be causing me stress it should be simply telling me when I have something planned, or the time to book in something else!  When did I get so overwhelmed and dictated to by a diary???

I have slimmed it all down, and now I am in this cutie! It is a Guildford Extra Slim Mini - probably the smallest you can get and I have got pretty much everything in that I had in my others - I have a full year of a week on two page diary, photo's, quotes, to do lists and address page. Extra credit card holders, stickers and a few other bits.  Isn't he cute?!


Smaller than my pen!


Favourite photo of me and Hubby
Week on two pages
Motivational quote
To do list

Spare card holders and back pocket

So in pursuit of a simple life I am embarking on a new adventure - the 'Adventure of Simple' - this will entail a few important things:

1.  Healthy living
2.  Quality times
3.  Mindfullness

Healthy living - I have just signed up to do a Diploma in Personal Nutrition.  I feel that I will benefit from actually finding out for myself what is the good, the bad and the ugly instead of taking other people, magazines and facebook as gospel!  I am also hoping that this will give me an insight into maybe the possibility of a career change as I am getting a bit bored of this one...or at least something else to think about while I am just getting on with my day-job.

I am also going to book in a session with a Personal Trainer, and I have found one that I really like at my local gym that I am a member of.  She seems to have the positive energy that I think will help me to stay motivated.  I am not sure whether it will be something I can continue with (the PT sessions) as they are quite costly on top of the gym membership but I'll see how that goes.

I have also started doing the GT30 classes, these are intensive 30 minute interval training sessions that promise great things...I will see how they go but after just the first one last Wednesday I am certainly still feeling the effects today!!  

Quality times - this is time that I want to spend with my husband and we are planning a number of events/excursions out on our motorbikes now that they are back on the road :)  I am looking forward to spending a few lazy sunshiny days at the beach or up a mountain or even just overlooking some Welsh valleys...I've finally got round to sorting out the panniers that I got for Christmas two years ago!!  They have now been altered and are on my bike awaiting the start of adventures!!

Mindfulness - I need to get on with my Diploma in CBT and also take some time out to relax and reflect on stuff.  I didn't really know what else to call this bit but it is all to do with stopping the world for a bit just to catch my breath...maybe do a few yoga classes - actually I've signed up to try out Pilates, not sure if that's the same kind of thing, but I'm open to new experiences!

I will update as soon as I have something to update but this is most definitely the start of a new phase in my life and I want to make the most of every minute!

Until next time, take care xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment