Monday 2 February 2015

Planner dilemma!




I may or may not have a new planner on its way to me, a personal size.  I am currently in my VDS Senior and already the guilt of leaving him is setting in!  I'm not sure whether I will be able to when/if the time comes...this is a good sign, kind of.

From the Philofaxy Website
I thought I would start designing some new inserts for the personal as it will arrive with no current diary and so I went onto the Philofaxy website and downloaded the word and source files for the week on two pages.  I like to customise my own inserts, changing the font and the colour and adding images, etc.  But this time, I just kept deleting the images I'd inserted.  I put some 'washi' down the side and deleted that too.  I put an image in the notes section but that too got deleted.  The only change I have made so far is to change the month from black to red.

I think I like the minimal look. I like the clean lines and the lack of fuss, the equal spots for week ends and that notes section at the top - I prefer it at the top than at the end of the week as I like to put notes about the upcoming week so feel it needs to be at the beginning.

I already have my VDS Senior set up for this year, it was a diary that I purchased from the supermarket for £1.75 and cut up, it is working well but the pages are a little bit too thin, I may need to re-do them if I stay in it but the layout would be exactly the same.  I can't decide whether I prefer them with lines or without, I don't think it matters so much to me.

Cut up diary pages

Oh the dilemma....I wonder what will happen...

Until next time, take care xxx

4 comments:

  1. I like the Touch Me Senior and I am getting used to the A6 but what I am NOT getting used to is the 20mm rings. Things I did with my FF I cannot do with the VdS and this is really starting to frustrate me. I have the feeling that the VdS is about to go into the bookcase and either my Cuban or my Faithful, Old Scanda be brought out instead. The Personal Size 25mm rings would be fine but I am having difficulty with the 20mm. It's now into February so I have given it a fair opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just to add to your dilemma then John, I think the rings on the VDS planners are changeable so you could potentially change them to 25mm or 30mm...just a thought!

      Delete
    2. Yes they are are I have asked several times but no joy as yet. How interesting - I round off my pages too :o)

      Delete
  2. I definitely like the minimal look. There is so much more room for planning that way.

    ReplyDelete