Sunday 25 January 2015

New Template for the VDS Manager

I was playing around with templates the other day and I think this one came from the Philofaxy website and I have changed it to the way I wanted it and one that will help me do an overview on a monthly basis, and hold me accountable for some goals I want to achieve this year.  I have printed them out and put them in my VDS Manager which really does seem to be working for me in that it is a 'me' planner.

This planner is so special to me, it makes me want to use it and I just love how it does that!  None of my other planners had that bond...I don't know why.  Maybe it is the softness of the leather, the smell, the overall feel of pure luxury...it's just a very special planner and I love it and love using it.

Onto the template...

A simple front page


The right hand page

On the left as you can see is an overview of goals for the month (personal and work), key events and a reminder to do section and on the right is a breakdown of what I did that month - water intake, Yoga, Gym and Me time (which includes anything from taking time out to be creative, going for a walk, having a long soak in the bath...anything that makes me feel good) and also habits to start, continue and stop.  I like the section for review and reflection, I'm looking forward to using that and seeing how it works out.

In the planning stage I couldn't help but put in the birthdays and anniversary's and other bits and pieces like going on the booked holiday and concerts...complete with little pictures!  I am a very visual person and I like to see lots of images and photographs in my planners - not so much stickers and washi, the images have to mean something - like when my eldest son went to university and we had our photo taken outside his new Hall's - that photo went into my every day carry planner (which is another VDS in Senior size), or the tickets for the concert, they have also gone into my planner along with the flight confirmation booking slip - all reduced in size and put into my planner as a memento.  I'm not sure why I do that as I don't keep the pages once the year is out but they are nice to have in there for the time being.  

I do have a separate journal and those things that are special and in my planner are duplicated into my journal too and that's for keeps.

I think I may take the diary section out of my VDS and put it into another planner as this really has evolved into just all about me, the sections are not really time specific like a diary and it is a lovely place to be able to dip in and out of as and when, although it does seem to be almost a daily thing at the moment!

Thinking cap on...

Until next time, take care xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment