Friday 2 October 2015

Getting ready for 2016!

It's that time of year when us plannerds start to stress if next year's diary hasn't been designed or chosen, punched, noted and sat neatly in a pile waiting for the new year to begin so they can be lovingly transferred into the current binder of choice.

This time I have started earlier than usual and as well as sorting out next year's calendar I have also done from now to the end of the year in the chosen format just to make sure that it does work for me because I am fed up of constantly trying out new styles only to end up back with the insert that I started with!!

The truth of the matter is that I like simple, clear formats with minimal fuss and just a sprinkling of decoration so that is what I have designed.  

I have 2016 ready on my computer - saved to the cloud just in case - and I am going to use that format from now until the end of December, if it works I will print out the rest, if it doesn't I should know why and be able to tweak it.

So, here is my clean and simple layout...

Highlighted arrows indicate important stuff and a cheeky little sticker :)
A space at the beginning of the week rather than the end suits me best.

This is the notebook that I pulled apart and used to print on

Different types of paper - cream and thinner kraft (would be good for notes)

Pen test!

How fab is it that the fountain pen and highlighter didn't bleed or even shadow!!

And just while I'm taking photo's, I got these from Paperchase too.
Can't beat a bit of Rose Gold!
I am intending to stay in this planner for the forseeable future as I am fed up of having to re-write everything so that I don't miss anything out of my current planner...and things I don't think are important enough to duplicate usually always are!  So the most ideal plan is to stay in the same one...I can swap to my black one if I want but the Senior Touch Me is the chosen one for the next 12 months AT LEAST!

If I can do that then I will sell off all my others, even the rare desirable ones.  That is my promise to myself...eek!

Until next time, take care xxx

2 comments:

  1. The rose gold clips will be beautiful against the black binder. I really like your clean pages, but from past experience, I know they wouldn't work for me. I need lines and grids to keep my handwriting close to legible. With open space, my writing gets tiny and cramped, and goes in every direction. Even with reading glasses, my writing looks like a horizontal Kanji (sp?) with Cyrillic layered over it. Your penmanship is what mine aspires to. Added to that, I'm fickle. Can't stick with one form of insert for more than a couple months at a time. So, I have 3 or 4 "vetted" layouts saved on the computer (and on external hard drive, and in a cloud somewhere...far, far away.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Carla! The pages are lined - very faintly - I like having lines to follow, or ignore if the mood takes me which is why I have done them very faint.

      I am not going to try and stick with one layout, just one binder! I have no objections to swapping and changing the inserts as required but just so long as everything is in the same place will be enough!!

      Delete