Friday 15 May 2015

A change in Planner Peace!

I've fallen off the peace wagon.

I'm not sure how it happened but I got the urge to go back to a pocket.  I created and printed all my new inserts in pocket size and when I picked up my Pocket Aston to set it up I found that I had already done it!  I don't recall doing it but it was pretty up to date...spooky!  I didn't need to put anything in other than the knick-knacks you have...my polar bear and paw charm obviously (even still had the polar bear dashboard that decorates all my planners no matter what size!).

I wanted to go back and try my friends VDS Junior but she'd sold it so I couldn't.  I didn't really like it when I tried it before and I think it was the ring size, it's only 16mm which is just too small.  My Chameleon is even smaller though at 15mm and although this was successfully used as a planner AND a wallet for quite a long time, I just didn't feel the urge to pick this one again.

The Aston has the most generous rings at 19mm and compared to the 20mm rings in the VDS Senior it didn't seem like I was giving too much up.  Although I love the A6 insert size I could use in the Senior, it just weighs so much.  Infact my whole bag weighs so much!

Last week I was in Cyprus with just a little crossbody bag containing my phone and my lipgloss.  The money was in the zipped pocket and the bag had built in card slots.  It was fabulous!!  Small, light and held everything I seemed to need for the whole week, even had our passports, boarding pass and parking permit in it too.

So getting back to normal I picked up my handbag to go to work and oh. my. word.  What the hell have I got in there??  It weighed pretty much the same as my suitcase!!  By the end of the day my shoulder and back were aching.

Back to the Pocket Aston then with the WO2P layout, some to-do paper, notepaper, address sheets and finance sheets.  I took out all the divider tabs as I don't like how they squash up against the pen loop but I will make at least one more divider - in glitter of course - to mark the end of the calendar and start of the 'stuff'.

Now that I no longer have that huge back pocket I needed to get some zipped pockets to hold the stickers etc that I use - and I only use two sorts so that's no major issue.

I did all that and then changed my mind again.

I am now trying out the slimline Regency and I have redone all my inserts and I think it may work for me...the rings are so tiny but I have a years worth of WO2P and some notepaper which is all I really use anyway.

I have to admit that I do like the slimline and compacts as the rings don't tend to be an issue so maybe I should see this as a huge advantage! It also means that I can't fill it with unnecessary stuff.  It has everything I need it to have...
  • Diary
  • Notepaper
  • Card slots
  • Pen
I really don't need any more than that!  I do my personal planning in my A5's at home so so long as I have some notepaper or post it note I really don't need to have any more sections than two in my everyday carry. 

I'm not saving much space in my bag going from the senior to a personal size but the difference in weight is A LOT!!





2 comments:

  1. DO you duplicate the information?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only duplicated the week before and the week I was on plus all the future things, the rest of it was blank but still put in.

      I've changed it again since then....and again only duplicated the same stuff. I guess it makes it easier for when I ultimately end up back in my senior....I do really love that one but may look at getting a custom one so I don't have as much bulk...we'll see!

      Delete