Saturday 23 January 2016

2016 Set Up - for the fourth time!

Ok it's been quite a challenge but after moving from one planner to another and in different sizes I am finally set....I think!

The change-about came when my new Fossil Personal came in, but I didn't really want to move out of my Personal Original but because it was new....you know the story.  And what that led to was total unsettlement.  No longer was I set on using a personal size so I downsized to a pocket.

Then I decided that I wanted to buy a Louis Vuitton PM Agenda for my birthday next month and after watching video after video I realised how damn small those rings are!  So I downsized again into my Extra Slim Guildford Mini (those that have followed this blog know that this one seems to be my constant go back to!) as the rings seemed similar in size - about 11mm.

But I didn't like how people were saying that they can carry 'quite a few months at a time' - What?? No, it has to be a full year for me.  Although they did have quite a few sections, which I don't.  And quite a few card holders, which I don't.  So I'm thinking it may be possible for me...

I like notepaper and lists but they don't seem to do that in the same golden gilt edge as the diary so that would irritate me too and the size of those rings are really bothering me.

So I looked a Mulberry - the layout and the size of the rings looked promising BUT silver rings and a gold/brass popper?  No. I can't do that either.

I went onto our lovely Van Der Spek store with a view to designing my own - with gold rings AND a gold popper!  I couldn't find black mock croc anywhere...have they discontinued this??  And then I had to purchase separately a zipper pouch, and as I was getting carried away with my lovely custom order I realised...

I have the almost perfect planner already sat on my shelf in it's box...

Junior Touch Me in Brown

Zipper pocket included - and on the good side :)

Sparkly 'TODAY' on my day marker

One of my favourite photo's

Another favourite photo and my Annual Leave record

Shopping Lists and a bit of glitter :)

My Fossil Piggy Bank charm

And there we have it.  

I say almost perfect as I would have designed exactly the same planner but without the back pocket. Whilst I do use it and I do find it extremely useful I don't like how it makes that bulgy bit when it's open but I can live with that - totally compensated by the delicious leather smell it still has after owning it for all this time!  It smells divine, the leather is buttery soft and it is just a beautiful planner that wants you to 'Touch Me' - I loved it then, I love it now and I can't see why I would want to replace this with a Louis Vuitton piece that will certainly irritate me after the initial excitement of the purchase has been made.  I'll spend my money on another LV piece that I can love instead.

Until next time, take care xxx


1 comment:

  1. Hi, Sam, just found your blog, love your posts and detailed photos. I agree that LV agendas are quite inferior to VDS in more ways than one, and having looked at many at online consignment stores, I'd say they don't age well either, at least the coated canvas ones (corners curling up, leather pockets getting sticky and peeling). Love VDS Touch Me line, hoping to get a Standard size in black one day.

    ReplyDelete