Tuesday 29 July 2014

Decadent Pocket Ruby Deco Filofax

I couldn't help myself.  I had a pocket one in Ivory and traded it for my red Kate Spade but even though I didn't actually use it, I had sellers remorse.

I loved the style of it, I think it was the colour that put me off.  Although the ivory is divine, it just isn't me - or so I have come to realise. All the colourful planners I've had over the time - even before getting involved with Philofaxy and the Facebook Group, I have sold them all one by one and now my little collection has just red and black ones - that's not a coincidence!

So when this gorgeous majestic treasure was found on eBay, I knew I'd just have to have it. I don't know whether I will be able to downsize again back to a pocket but to use this beauty, I'll give it a good try!! Even if I can't, this one is staying in my collection forever, a definite keeper!!



How could I resist this beauty?  It's simple, I couldn't so I didn't! I can't wait for her to  arrive so I can personalise her and move in!  

I thought I was so over the excitement of Filofaxes but it appears not!  I am a sucker for the unusual and limited editions though, I can't ever see me parting with my Kate Spade's either. I have managed to decrease my collection quite a bit though so I don't feel in the slightest bit guilty for this purchase!

I am left with the following:

Mini Raspberry Chameleon 
Pocket Raspberry Chameleon
Pocket Black Kate Spade - not a lover of this one 
Pocket Black Aston
Personal Black Aston
A5 Black Aston
A5 Bronze Snake Domino
A5 Saddlebrown Cuban Zip
2 Kate Spade Wellesley (red one and a black one)

So that's it, my whole collection!  Oh, and an old personal Finsbury in brown and some vintage A5 something-or-other!

That's not bad considering the staggering amount of them I had at one point! It did get very silly and I was torn between wanting the latest craze and sticking with my classic black or red....it will be no surprise that the only A5 in use is the black Aston!  Tried as I might I couldn't really find a use or wanted to use the others so they are still as new and in storage. The Chameleons are cute and have a lovely feel to them - in hindsight I should have got black ones. I have no excuses for the others!

So now I sit waiting patiently for Ruby to arrive....I might have to do some designing of pages as she's coming with nothing other than dividers, which I don't use anyway so they'll be straight out. 

It's all very exciting!

Until next time, take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment