Wednesday 15 October 2014

Original Patent A5 is my Life Coach

I started a new college course last week and to accompany me on a journey of self-everything I took along my new-to-me A5 Original in Patent Latte (Nude, but don't tell Janet I said that!).

The course is about Life Coaching, not other people but myself.  Only two weeks in and I am already starting on a journey of wonder....wondering why I am doing what I'm doing and not something that I am passionate about...it's opened my eyes I can tell you!  I thought I loved my job but it seems not, I may be in a good relationship with my job but I have eyes for something else!!

So as the days roll on, Latte is getting used well and I have already started thinking of sections for my personal growth, goals, ideas and motivation - the usual characteristics of a self help book but this is different because this is mine and is personal to me.

The one thing that has shocked me on the short path travelled to date is that after decades of thinking I want to get qualified in the field I am currently working in - I actually don't!  The fact that it has taken me soooo long to get to this point should have been screaming at me that it isn't where my heart is laying but I didn't hear it.  To not listen to your emotions, your instincts or whatever else it is that is shouting at you only leads to a massive waste of time and energy spent doing something else...so I have wasted decades!!  I could have been in the job of my dreams now.  I could have been qualified in something that I was passionate about.  Instead I am here, midway through my life thinking buggar, I am back at square one!

So what am I doing about it you ask?  I have contacted the National Trust and have volunteered my services :)  It isn't exactly what I had in mind but it is a step in the right direction.  I may not be able to leave my current position and just jump into a new career but I can certainly fulfil some of my life's passions on a voluntary basis and give my life more meaning. 

If staying in my current role means that I am in a financial position to offer my services free of charge to such a deserving cause then so be it, I know I can't afford to do it for nothing so while I enjoy the experiences of the National Trust my current company can pay the bills!  I don't hate my job after all, I quite enjoy it but it doesn't set no fires in my soul  :) I'm sure you know what I mean!!

This has taken so long to finish that I have an update already!

I volunteered with the National Trust last Sunday and had an absolute blast!  It was a great day spent 'Rhodybashing' which means pulling out Rhodedendrons that are causing other plants to suffer, these were big beasts too!  All the leaves had to be burnt as they are poisonous to cattle (who knew) so all evidence of their existence had to be extinguished - literally!

How darn cute is this loo?!

Hare carvings

I have also found my passion...I feel so dim for not realising it before and putting two and two together as it has been so obvious to everyone else (no-one thought to tell me though!) so my wonderful new idea has merely resulted in the response 'at last you've figured it out'...bah!

In order to get there though is going to take YEARS of serious study.  I have to finish the Diploma I am doing now which means my schedule for the next six months looks like this:


The crossed out areas are days already gone and the three weeks following the exams for recouperation!

Each coloured segment represents an assignment that needs to be completed - one for each subject - and the boxes edged in red are the deadlines for submission.  The block of solid red is exam week.

I have no time to rest on my butt now unless I have a study book in my hand!  It's going to be head down and study study study for the next 7 years...eek!!

Until next time, take care xxx
 


No comments:

Post a Comment